Vibram, SmartColSoleHand project
Large company, Lombardy, Italy
Partner: Politecnico di Milano (DEIB - Dipartimento di Elettronica, Informazione e Bioingegneria), Alumotion
The sole printing compression process is entirely manual. Material upload, printing cycle check, quality management, and product unloading require labor.
- High ratio of manual operations for low value-added activities
- Risk associated with the previously mentioned operations
- Setup and process management timings (upload/unload, control)
- To ensure reliability with quality assurance.
1. Collaborative robotics. Repetitive activities become easily replaceable
2. Artificial intelligence is applied to information conveyance with a collection of images. Components are being filmed, and their information is sent to the robot, which is guided by an intelligent camera.
a. Robots perform the operations. Hence, risks for workers are lowered to the minimum (workplace safety)
b. There is a cognitive interaction between robot and worker (collaboration)
c. The worker takes a more critical role managing a process with robotics included (an upskilling process becomes active, the worker gets new competencies).
Benefits for the company
- Correct operational sequence real-time check
- Automatic check of defectiveness and operational parameters. Operations, setup-time reduction, and defectiveness levels are optimized.
Competences are implemented from the following use cases:
- Collaborative robotics and intelligent worker assistance systems.
More info at: https://www.made-cc.eu/?lang=en